Apple Orchard : Orchard House
Five Oaks Road, Slinfold, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0RQ
Ofsted Inspection : 12 – 14 November 2013
Overall effectiveness – Outstanding – 1
Pupils’ achievement – Outstanding – 1
Pupils’ behaviour and personal development – Outstanding – 1
Quality of teaching – Outstanding – 1
Quality of curriculum – Outstanding – 1
Pupils’ welfare, health and safety – Outstanding – 1
Leadership and management – Outstanding – 1
Summary of key findings :
Students’ achievement is outstanding. The majority of students make rapid progress, often from low starting points on entry to the school.
• Students’ behaviour is outstanding. The students have overcome their earlier difficulties and settled into school life.
• The outstanding teaching and curriculum result in rapid improvements in students’ literacy and numeracy, and especially their reading.
• Attendance at school is excellent and students confirm that they enjoy school.
• The provision for students’ welfare, health and safety is outstanding and very effectively safeguards the students, who confirm that they feel safe.
• The headteacher provides inspirational leadership and this strong drive for excellence very effectively promotes the school’s success.
• Leaders have ensured that students’ achievement and the quality of teaching are outstanding.